Sunday 27 March 2011

The middle child

Those who are in that particular place probably hate their lives more than any other member of the family ( everyone gets to the point of hating their life, dont kid your self and say "I never did" ).

The constant pressure and the un-justified expectations that arise from being in that position, not to mention the amount of neglect that can be found is just staggering. Even though this does not touch every middle child, but it does capture a significant amount.

I am not sure why this phenomenon happens ( Which is a proper name for it because of its significance ).

My only wish is to find a way around all the stress and the head-ache not to mention the amount of depression this thing pulls you into when its on its active devestating phase.


Peace,


H



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Bin Misbah St,Kuwait City,Kuwait

3 comments:

RainDrop said...

I'm a first child, many envy me for being so. BUT, not when ur mom studied pyschology in uni lol.

Her Number 1 issue when i was growing is not making my sister suffer from being the 2nd child. I grew up hearing " el 6efl el thani " on an almost daily basis. NOT KIDDING!

I heard so many No's in my life only cuz my mom didnt wanna hurt my sister. I was an A student all through out my school years. A student every single teacher was proud of. When i was in grade 10, i told them i wanna study medicine. Since there were no good Med schools in the UAE, i would've travelled to study. Mom wasn't really against it, but she said "i can't let u study abroad, cuz if i did i would have to say yes to ur sis as well and i can't do that cuz i can't live with her being so far away. Id b dead worried about her"

Eventually, i got to study at the tech college in my emirate. IT is what i studied.. and guess what? My sister studied in a different emirate lol Stayed at the dorms.

I totally understand u though.

Diablo said...

But is it only you two girls ? or do you have brothers ?

As i mentioned, not everyone in that position faces it and maybe not everyone notices it or it does not happen all the time, but you will sense it if you pay attention ;p.


I'm sure it happens unintentionally but it does ;p ..



Good luck to all enshallah ;)




Peace,

H

RainDrop said...

we're 6 all together, 7 if am gonna add my eldest half bro who we rarely see.

3 girls, and 3 boys. Girls came first lol which made the boys so precious. All of them! :P

Dont get me wrong, my grandma favours me. Dad too but he doesnt show it. x_x

I dont care as i used to. But it used to b really annoying. Whatever i did or said, i'll always get the "2nd child's lecture".

We're all married now, so i dont think it matters anymore.. Time for grandchildren to go through it hehe